Friday, October 31, 2008

I can hardly believe it's Halloween!! Since the kids are not little any more, it's hard to get too excited. However, I do not miss having to think up a costume for each. I guess I'm getting more mature because I do like to see all the trick-or-treaters in their costumes. The best are the under 5 group. They are so excited and love to tell you about who they are.

Monday is D-day--meaning done day. Brian has his last recital that evening. Right now we are in stress mode. I am walking lightly as he has so much to think about. This is his composition recital and he has 84 string players from the Utah Youth symphony, as well as the Salt Lake City Jazz Orchestra (membership about 18) and 3 vocalists. He is excited, but with that many players, it creates a lot of work to make sure everyone is contacted and everything works the way it should. Thanks to my bro, Rick, for doing the sound. We should be able to hear the vocalists above the musicians.
I will take pictures and let you know how great it was!!

2 comments:

Natalie and Ryan said...

whatever! you loved making our costumes!!! I still remember making my pink power ranger costume! That was so awesome :) LOVE YOU MOM!!!

anne said...

Ahh good old Halloween days. I was reminiscing yesterday about how you would stay at home and handle all the candy and dad would take us out to all the houses. I can still remember how bad my feet would hurt, but that didn't matter because one more house meant one more handful of candy. I don't even know why I really cared about the candy though. I would still have candy from the year before in my room. Hmm...
Well, I'm glad Dad is almost done. I'm sure that will be a stress reliever for everyone. Actually, I was just thinking that we are going to be up there the 3rd. I'll see if maybe we can stay that night too and maybe see dad. But don't tell him in case we can't. :)