Friday, November 28, 2008

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!



We had Thanksgiving at our house this year. Last year was wonderful, down at Anne & Jace's house. The whole family was able to be there, so this year, Anne & Jace and Nat & Ryan were with their other relatives, so Amy was the child to represent everyone this year. She brought a friend with her, Spencer (no, her parents did not give her a boy's name, she just prefers to be called by her maiden name). Spencer's husband is serving our country and is stationed in Afganistan. He couldn't make it home for Thanksgiving, so we were fortunate enough to have her come be with us.


Brian's parents, Elden & Leora, and one of his sisters, Sue, also came for dinner.



We had the traditional dinner: turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, yams, stuffing, rolls, frog-eyed salad, and corn. Dad did not want to miss out on a single thing! Brian ate all of this, and then had seconds.

Dinner must have been good, since Amy and Spencer ended up on the floor afterwards.


One of the goods things was I had plenty of help in the kitchen after dinner. It was all cleaned up before anyone got dessert.

After dessert, Elden, Leora, and Sue went home. Amy, Spencer, Brian, and I watched a bit of TV. Trying to find a football game on regular TV was a trick that did not happen. After a bit, Candice came over. We then played games: Phase 10, which I won! and Pocket Farkel, which I won! I love games :) (It did help that I was keeping score, ha, ha, ha. Just kidding!)

When we focus on what we have, instead of what do not have, life is very rich. We have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

anne said...

Well, Happy Thanksgiving. :)

I wish we could've been there. That food looks divine. Our food was good at Jace's aunts...but she does it her way and I'm not used to her way. It just didn't feel Thanksgivingy for me because we weren't with immediate family. But it was still good.

O - and way to blog that pretty fast. :)

Now where are the cruise pics? :)