Today is my grandmother's 99th birthday. I am very blessed for having her in my life.
Her husband, my grandfather, died when I was 6 months old. She has never remarried. I remember her working at McDonald's Candy Factory. She would come and stay with us most weekends when I was young. She would bring a box of candy. It was really cool because there were markings on the chocolates that told what flavor they were. She knew what those markings were and could tell us. We didn't have to bite into them to find out!!
I remember her watching Lawrence Welk. It was one of her favorites. It was a fun time to be able to have a sleep over, whether she was at our house or I was at hers.
Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady!!
You may have wondered what I have been up to lately. Well, Anne had an idea. Since some of her friends were having babies soon, she thought of a great gift to give them. She told me about it and thought WE should make them. What that really meant was she would get the fabric (because I am not cool enough to know what fabric would work together) and I would make them. "Them" are car seat carrier covers. It is a blanket with straps to go around the carrier handle. This way the baby is covered from snow, rain, wind, etc., and mom/dad can carry the carrier on their arm without the blanket getting in the way. A great idea.
Hard part was, no pattern, only one to look at. The covers for the boys have a button on each strap. The girl's covers have bows. I think they turned out very nice. Hope Anne thinks so too.

1 comment:
Good Job Mom!!! I really like them, you did awesome! And I did do more than pick out the fabric, c'mon. I made the bows too. :)
They look great!
Post a Comment