August is shaping up to be a busy month. Brian and I got home from a week in Jackson Hole on August 3rd. (More about that when I can get pictures on the blog!!) As we were going through the calendar, every weekend has something going on. I wanted to get down to St. George to seNatalie, as she and Ryan have just moved into a new townhouse. They have been living in Anne & Jace's house, but it was time to move on. I helped her to clean that house to get it ready for the new tennents (Jalee & Kyle, Jace's sister & her new husband). She was a little over whelmed with getting her new house put together and getting the old house cleaned.
I didn't have to work on Thursday August 7, so I went down after work on Wednesday, the 6th, just 3 days after coming home from Jackson Hole. Natalie and I spent Thursday cleaning the old house. Then on Friday we organized her new home. I came home Saturday morning. It was so good to be with Natalie. I miss her enthusiam for life. I hope she had a good time also.
On Saturday Anne & her family came up because Jace's sister is getting married on August 14. It is great being able to be with them for more than a couple of days. Aliyah is jabbering away, not making sense to anyone but herself. Xander is getting more confident walking. He still gets upset when he falls.
Amy has had a fairly good work schedule, in that she can see her niece and nephew a bit. She has all day Thursday off, so she can help me watch them while Anne & Jace are at the temple/wedding luncheon. She loves those kids and they love her. She had been to our house Monday evening. When Aliyah woke up Tuesday morning, the first thing she wanted was "May-me" (Amy). Mom had to let her know that Amy was at her house, and she would see her later.
Anne, Jace, and the children will leave either Thursday after the reception or early Friday morning. Friday morning Bri & I will leave for a weekend in Jackson. Bri has a gig Saturday, but Friday we have all to ourselves. I am looking forward to going into Teton National Park and being there at twilight to try and see the animals. Brian wants to see the symphony. We should be able to do both.
Next weekend, Brian is playing for the Temptations (I think) in Wendover, so I might go with him. Then, on August 28, we will leave in the morning to go to St. George to see Aliyah on her 2nd birthday. Brian will fly home Friday evening, as he has a gig in Jackson on Saturday. I will stay through Monday (because it is Labor Day weekend).
Maybe September will slow down a bit. But, I wouldn't change this summer. It is great seeing all the kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
You thought things would slow down after you got rid of all us kids, didn't you. I think you're busier now than ever. It's good for those old bones though. :)
We'll see you on Monday.
Post a Comment